Thank you for your patience as we make the preparations to ensure our first ever virtual Good Samaritan Run/Walk runs smoothly. We are excited for next week! Here is what you need to know about participating in the 2020 Virtual Good Samaritan Run 5K/10K and Kid Sprint:
- You will be able to submit your results between June 1st and June 7th only, under the "Results" tab on the race's RunSignUp page
- You must be logged in to your RunSignUp account to report your time
- You will receive an e-mail notification (or text alert if you selected that option) on Monday, June 1st which will include your "virtual bib number"
- You will need this bib number to report your time via text
- Shirt/Swag bag pickup will be on Monday June 1 from 11am – 6pm at CNYRacing 6985 Collamer Road, East Syracuse, NY 13057.
- Maintain social distancing guidelines while completing your race
- No need to submit documentation of your run
- Based on the honor system, but will be approved by an admin... so no cheating!
- You may run, walk or crawl, just do those miles with the purpose of exercise and they count wherever and whenever you would like. Please give a little smile and wave at others while maintaining that safe distance. The parking lots at Willow Bay and the Boathouse near the West Shore Trail are currently open so if you’d like to do your virtual on the actual course, nearby parking is available.
- Must complete sometime between June 1st and June 7th
- Completing your race on a treadmill is allowed
- You may use preferred method of run tracking
- Reminder of the event distances
- 10K: 6.2 miles
- 5K: 3.1 miles
- Kid Sprint about 300 meters
Stay safe, positive, and keep moving. Best of luck and happy running!
The Good Samaritan Run will focus on helping those in need of affordable healthcare in our local community. Christian Health Service of Syracuse is reaching out to the CNY area in much the same way as the Good Samaritan in the Bible went out of his way to help his hurting neighbor.
Christian Health is determined to bring affordable primary healthcare to the community. The Good Samaritan Run proceeds will ensure that assistance, as well as raise awareness of this wonderful mission to our neighbors.
Faith based and centered on the mission of helping others, the event is sure to inspire those who love to run and want that first 5K spring experience. The event is a great way for churches, local businesses, families, and groups having the desire to help people that are our neighbors, connect and give to a local cause. Both the 5K and 10K courses are newly USATF certified. The Kid's Samaritan Sprint was a hit last year and will kick off again at 9:30am at this year's venue with more fun in store. The sprint is a quick loop for kids, ages 5-12, around the event area and through the Finish Chute. Kids doing the sprint may also participate in the Good Samaritan Run/Walk 5K & 10K which will begin at 10am along the West Shore trail of Onondaga Lake. Vendors, sponsors, concessions and activities makes the venue an exciting morning for all. Please join us in the 6th annual Good Samaritan Run.